Gator News: Pep Rally, Champs Meet, and Awards Dinner!
Congratulations to our Gators on a great meet--and a win--last Saturday! Final Score: Eichler 272; Cupertino Hills 195. Eichler concludes the dual meet season with a 2-3 record; we now move on to the Champs Meet at DeAnza College this Sunday. Please also congratulate our 13 PB3 winners from this meet--see list below.
Sarah Lane, one of our Champs Meet Coordinators, sent a message earlier today on “Champs 101.” Please make sure you read it carefully as it has important information to ensure that the meet runs smoothly.
For this Sunday’s Champs Meet:
1. Please go to the JSSL Parent's Packet at Parent's packet. In addition, the JSSL website (http://jssl.org/) has ALL the info you need with maps, parent job descriptions, etc. PLEASE READ the Parent's Packet.
2. There will be an optional Pool walk-through for families interested in previewing the Champs layout, on Friday, July 14th at 1:00pm. Younger and new swimmers may find it helpful to have a look around the Champs pool before the big day. Parents should bring copies of the maps to get familiarized with meeting locations and the new Clerk of Course position (changed from previous years). For more information and maps, see walk-through info
3. Eichler is scheduled for warm-ups for swimmers 10 and under from 7:30-8:00 am in lanes 4, 5 and 6. For swimmers 11-18, warm-ups are from 8:00 - 8:30 am in lanes 13, 14 and 15. The meet begins at 9:00 am but please arrive earlier to check in at the volunteer desk and attend your morning meeting (if you have one). At this point, all swimmers have now been signed up (including the strokes they are swimming) and there are no changes (no late additions and no switching of strokes). Parents have also now been assigned jobs.
4. Please remember that at Champs, unless you are working on deck (and are wearing the appropriate badge), you will NOT be allowed down to the pool.
5. Please note:
ALL De Anza parking lots require payment 24/7 ($3). Machines take cash or card and you must pay (even if you go on Friday for only a short time).
NO camping in the bleachers. All tents, blankets, etc., must be in the designated spots. Eichler's "assigned" spot is outside the pool area in the back.
There will be no on-site concessions, BUT Jamba Juice will be there selling smoothies and there will be a taco truck setting up as close to the pool selling breakfast items until 10 am and then a normal lunch menu after that. There are also a lot of food options across the street on both Steven's Creek and De Anza if you want to leave and come back. You may bring in whatever food you'd (no glass please!).
6. Bring all 6 and Under swimmers to the Clerk of the Course/Swimmer Waiting Area before the National Anthem so the meet can start as soon as the Anthem is over.
7. There is NO shade on the pool deck or in the stands. Wear hats, bring sunscreen, etc. There will be no shade tents or umbrellas allowed in the stands.
On Saturday night, please leave your porch light on if you have a swimmer 10 or under. Ally the Gator may be dropping off something for our younger swimmers who are registered for Champs and the lights would help her see better! Make sure you check your front door before leaving for Sunday morning. :)
Please remember to RSVP for the End of Season Awards Dinners by NOON ON WEDNESDAY (swim team members and two parents eat for free; other family members/guests can pay at the door). See below for further details.
Gator Calendar at a Glance
July 12th: Deadline for both Awards Dinner RSVPs AND slideshow photos submission (see below for reminder)
July 12th: Teen Dinner #5
July 14th: Pre-Champs Pep Rally
July 16th: Champs Meet at DeAnza
July 16th: Champs Awards Dinner
PEP RALLY—FRIDAY JULY 14—STILL NEEDS A FEW VOLUNTEERS!
This Friday we'll all gather poolside with BYO picnic dinners. The team will supply car paints and other fun items to show our Gators spirit. Don't forget to write down your events for the big day.
Friday, July 14th - 5:00 - 7:30pm
We are still missing a chair and one worker for the Champs Pep Rally. Please volunteer to help!
CHAMPS DINNER NEEDS COOLERS
Can you loan your cooler for the Champs Dinner on Sunday? If so—please label it and drop it off in the clubhouse on Saturday. Thank you!
The following swimmers achieved PB3 by improving their time over their 2017 SEASONAL best time in all three strokes they swam! Please congratulate the 13 PB3 winners for the Cupertino Hills meet:
Kunze Briseno, Adrian
CHAMPS AWARDS DINNER
Sunday, July 16 - 5:30-8:30pm (or after the slide show)
RSVP now on Swimtopia! Don your sombreros and fiesta attire! The Eichler Gator Awards Dinner is almost here. Registered swimmers, two parents, and children under 5 eat free. There will be a $12 plate fee for non-swimmers and guests.
Food and Margarita Stations will be open from 5:30–6:30pm. Dinner is followed by the team awards ceremony and annual swim season slide show. Menu includes:
Meal: Catered taco stations will include corn tortillas, chicken, pork, and beef, beans, rice, cheese, chips, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and mixed green salad.
Beverages: Aquas frescas, horchatas, and water will be available to all; Margarita Bar available to adults.
Dessert: Ice cream!
If this menu does not fit your dietary constraints, please pack a picnic dinner.
Five steps for a fantastic fiesta:
1. RSVP on Swimtopia no later than noon Wednesday, July 12. Please include any non-swimming siblings or other relatives attending in the “Guests” section of your RSVP, so we have an accurate count for the caterers.
2. Bring lawn chairs and blankets to picnic on the lawn (you will want these for the awards program and slide show too).
3. Pack your own, plates, cups, and utensils and desired alternate beverages. EICHLER IS GREEN!
4. When you arrive, please check in, pay as needed and get adult drink tickets at the gate. Food and Margarita Stations will close at 6:30 pm.
5. Separate your garbage into compost, recycle and landfill and help us all by cleaning the area where you eat!
See you at the Gator Fiesta!
YOUR PHOTOS NEEDED!
One of our teen swimmers, Katya Brownstein, will—once again--be creating the movie for the Champs banquet this year. (She’s injured but still contributing. Thank you, Katya!) If you have taken pictures at the meets or social events that you think might be good photos for the movie, please e-mail them directly to Katya: Kbrownstein14@gmail.com, or you can invite her to view a shared album that you've set-up. Please send your photos to Katya by this Wednesday(tomorrow!), so she has enough time to put the movie together.
See you at the pool… and at the Pep Rally, Champs Meet, and Awards Dinner!